Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Family Reunion

I know I know! It's been over a month since we got back from our family reunion in the Smoky Mountains but I literally haven't had a second to myself since this semester started! So...now that finals are over and I found out I made a 4.0 this semester, I'll start blogging again! Woo!
Here are a few pics from our trip. We left on a Tuesday night for Gatlinburg, TN in the "Silver Bullet" or "Mormon Mobile." The names were interchangeable that week! It's Joseph's parent's van they bought to use for family vacations/scouting trips/whatever we need it for. Thank you Trey and Patty! It was jam packed with all our junk plus Jonathan's junk, plus my parents and brother. We had a blast though! Joseph and Corey, my brother were rockstars when it came to driving. They pretty much drove the entire time. My dad started out the trip there and my mom finished it while I snuggled with Jonathan in the back the entire time! Does my family spoil me or what?! Jonathan did such a good job but by the time we got there (15 hours later) he was ready to be in a non-bumpy atmosphere and I didn't blame him!
We stayed in a 36-person cabin with all my mom's brothers and sisters and their families. My Nana turned 70 that week and it was the first time in YEARS she had seen all her posterity in one room, so that was cool. She was thrilled!
Lastly, we went shopping in Pigeon Forge (a lot!) and I was super pumped to find a Coach purse for $40! I'm not a huge fan of major designer purses, in fact I think it's a little ridiculous to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on something you're gonna put on the floor, but when I saw this purse I loved it and was super excited for the price. It's small and perfect to use for big shopping trips like the day after Christmas! Yay! Can't wait to use it!
Daddy sleeping in the van

Mom and Baby J snoozin'

Best city in the world!

Hangin' out at good ol' Waffle House

Baby J's first Waffle House experience
We're here! The Great Smoky Mountains!
Mom posing in beautiful scenery

Family photo op
My Big Mike and Baby J

Happiest baby ever!

Mmm... Cornbread
On our way to go hiking
Gettin' amped before the hike!

Who knew?

Family photo

Aww... The parental units showing affection

I like this pic because it shows my awesome Vibrams FiveFingers. I totally felt one with nature just like the website said I would!

Corey just being his usual awesome self!

Our first family hike

Check out the mountain men! Corey started growing his beard in October for this trip at the beginning of November. Joseph grew his beard two weeks before! My husband the lumberjack!
I have a thousand more pics but don't feel like making a two page post so we'll leave it at that. Hope you likey!

1 comments:

Vivi said...

Great pics, Erin! We really had a wonderful time, didn't we! Nothing better than spending time with family. Y'all are lots of fun. xoxo