Saturday, February 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby J!

Jonathan turned one this past Saturday, February 7th and I may have been more excited than he was. We had a BIG day ahead of us. He woke up pretty early which was surprising because Jonathan is a sleeper but when I went into his room he was wide awake and smiling. I sang Happy Birthday to him and when I was done, he signed for "more" so I sang again. :) (We've taught him baby sign language like "more" and "water" so he can communicate what he wants. I know - it's disgustingly cute!) I made cinnamon rolls for his birthday breakfast. He's never had anything other than pureed veggies and fruits, lunch meat and bread so imagine his surprise when he put something so delish into his teeny little mouth -- He LOVED it! He's never finished something so quickly! The only downside was the intense sugar high that came almost immediately. I've never seen him crawl so fast or clench a toy so hard!!!Next we watched a Veggie Tales Sing Along and snuggled on the couch (following the sugar high, he crashed pretty quickly!). My camera wasn't charged so I didn't want him to open presents just yet. Not surprisingly, all three of us fell asleep so we put Jonathan down for a morning nap and we did the same. We woke up around noon and opened presents. Jonathan got his very first cell phone and set of keys from Joseph and me. He also got this super cute Dunk n' Cheer basketball hoop that plays music when you put the basketball in the hoop. He loved it!
Next, we went to Chik-fil-A and Jonathan had his very first chicken nugget. It was a day of firsts! Then he and I went into the play room and went down the slide. This was done only once due to the back breaking effort it took to climb up jungle gym stairs hunkered over the size of a toddler! After that, we went to Target so Jonathan could pick out his own toy with money the McConnells sent. Joseph wants this to become a tradition for our kids and I think it's a fun idea so we strolled through the toy section and found ourselves in the ball aisle. Jonathan immediately started pointing at every ball he could and when we pulled down three different ones to choose from, he chose a Tigger & Pooh bouncy ball. Super cute and fun to see his face light up!
Chicken nugget proof
In the tunnel before the slide. I love how you can see his little hands.

"Walking" away from a job well done.

After Target, we went home and cleaned up while I made his birthday cake because Jonathan's cousins and friends were coming over to play. We had a great time talking and laughing and once the cake was put in front of Jonathan, we sang and waited for him to take a big hunk out of the side. Instead, my abnormally clean child merely poked his finger slightly into the frosting and smiled. That's all I got! I guess I can't complain... :)

I really thought he was about to go nuts but he pulled back just before touching the cake.

Check out my hand. Take a big ol' hunk outta it!

Enjoying his first cake


All in all, it was a fantastic day and we were POOPED at the end! I can't believe I have a one year old!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONATHAN TANNON! YOU ARE A JOY AND WE CAN'T IMAGINE LIFE WITHOUT YOU! AND ONCE AGAIN, WE LOVE YOU MORE THAN ICE CREAM!

Some other random pics from the day:

Pointing to the red balls in front of Target

Jonathan standing next to his favorite reason for coming to Target.


3 comments:

knjfabela said...

Happy Birthday Jonathan! Erin, you look so good!!! It looks like y'all had a great 1st b-day.

Lindsey said...

Happy B-day little man! What a cutie! I love the little basketball shorts they are sweet. He is looking older! We happened to notice that you are wearing shorts & it's February...That's not fair.

Erin said...

Yeah, it got up to almost 80 that day but two days later it was in the 50s. and in the 30s at night. So it gets cold, just not Utah cold. You'll totally love it once y'all move here! ;)