Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

What a crazy white Christmas Eve! My parents and brother were planning on coming up to Denton to spend Christmas Eve with us and Joseph's extended family. I was so excited for them to see the Nativity Play the kids put on each year since this would have been the first year for Jonathan to participate in it. Unfortunately due to the weather, they weren't able to make it. They loaded up the car and drove for an hour (which would have put them at our doorstep) and only made it 18 miles from their house! The highways were like a parking lot so we told them to go back home. It took them another hour to drive back! Bummer. But at least we took pictures.
This year, the Martino Christmas Eve was quite small as compared to other years. Normally there is between 70 - 90 family members there (Martinos are baby making machines. We're Mormon, what can I say?) but this year we only had around 50 due to people going out of town. Still, it was fun. We had a wonderful dinner, lots of great conversation, the Nativity Play and then Santa came! Jonathan was so pumped. He loves Santa - as in, sees him and lights up. No tears, no fear. He goes straight up to him and sits on his lap. It's super cute and tonight was no exception.
After everyone left, Joseph's family stayed around and we all opened presents from Nona and Papi. Joseph got his shotgun he's been begging me for and I got an incredible leather jacket and some great books - The Giving Tree, Putting on the Armor of God and The Peacegiver. I can't wait to read them! Jonathan got a slide from Nona and Papi and he loves it. It's in our living room right now since it's been so cold and snowy, and he climbs it and slides down all day long.
Here's the Nativity Play:
Jonathan was a shepherd
Happy shepherd!

The angel telling Mary not to be afraid and Joseph that she's cool to marry even though she's preggo.
Mary riding a donkey around Bethlehem
The donkey fell asleep.
Presley, Carter & Landon

Cute baby angel Katie
CJ being a shepherd wrangler


CJ & Baby J after the play. Best buds

SANTA CAME!: Look at that face!

Grabbin' from the goody bag

Hey Santa! I'd like an Elmo doll and a tricycle. Make it happen old man!

And I'd like a baby...You don't have to make that happen. I'll do it myself.

Yay! A good one of me and the hubs! A rare find.

Say cheese!


0 comments: