Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Remember me?

Hi everyone! It's been a while. Remember me? I'm that weird girl who snorts when she laughs...ring a bell? I can also pop my shoulders out of socket. Anything?

*crickets chirping*

Hmm...

Well, you know you haven't blogged in a while when you have 107 pictures to upload from your camera!

Things around here have been pretty crazy. Not bad crazy, just busy crazy what with the holidays and all. We had a fantastic Christmas! And let's hear it for the snow on Christmas Eve! What a shocker! Too bad I'm too much of a wimp to take Jonathan out to play in it. What can I say? My feet get cold.

Ok. First things first. My mom and I met The Pioneer Woman, also known as Ree Drummond, on December 1st at the Borders in Dallas off Preston. Her book signing started at 7:00 so we got there around 5:15 thinking we would be out of there in time to go to dinner. Boy were we wrong! I had no idea that Borders was handing out colored wristbands to determine what group you would be put in to meet Ree. When we got there, our wristband was yellow. I soon found out that we were the 5th group to meet Ree.

That doesn't sound too bad. How many people are in a group?

Oh...100 per group?!

CRAP!

Needless to say, we were there until 11:15 and we had Jonathan with us. He was such a trooper! Thank goodness Borders had an incredible kids section with books and toys otherwise I probably would have pulled my hair out. Instead of a nice meal at a sit down restaurant, we had McDonalds. Disgusting!

Also, my camera died (or so I thought) right when we got to the front of the line. Little did I know that it was on the video setting, so both of the pictures I attempted to get are videos. My brain farted big time!

Ree was super nice to take a picture with her camera and she even took a close up of Jonathan, saying he had the greatest hair. The next day, I was looking at her blog and there was a picture of me and my cute little kiddo! We're famous! Woo! Check it out here. Too bad I hate the picture of me, but Jonathan was super snuggly, it being 11:00 at night and all.

We had our Annual High School Girls Night Lingerie Party on December 19th. For those of you who aren't familiar, no we do not get together and wear our lingerie. It's a Chinese gift exchange and the present has to be lingerie. We've been doing this since our sophomore year of high school. The most common present back then was just panties, but now most of us are married so there's more of a demand of "outfits". It's crazy fun and I always like to bring the skankiest and classiest outfit I can find. I say, if you're gonna dress up, why not go all out? This year, I brought a bustier and panty set that was "classy" and a fishnet crotchless body stocking that was oh so "skanky". Needless to say, I took home my own gift and was PUMPED! I had to steal it to get it but the bloodshed was well worth it! :) Here's a picture of me in it...

Haha! Just kidding! That's a whole 'nother blog. One I don't own.

All the girls had a blast. We were missing Chaney and Lauren but everyone else was able to make it.

All the ladies

Me & Whit - she has the most ADORABLE twin boy & girl!

Love this picture!

Jenifer & Krisi

Me & Staci - in all the years I've know this one, I've never seen her hair as straight as it is in this picture. We were all mesmerized!

2 comments:

Justin and Allison said...

Your party sounds hilarious.

Samye said...

I love all your updates....and I CAN'T BELIEVE you met Ree!!! I am so jealous! She seems like such a wonderful woman!