Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Corey Mac

Jonathan and I went to Colorado this past weekend to visit my brother and his fiance, Terell. Unfortunately, I didn't take ANY pictures. We had a blast though. Jonathan was in heaven with Corey, Brad, Dudley and Piper (Corey's dog). The first thing he said every morning was, "Corey? Piper outside?". He loved being out on the deck with Piper while we kept the patio door open. The weather was fantastic!
I'll admit, I began to get a little overwhelmed toward the end with Jonathan because I felt like a single parent. I have a new found respect for single parents! I was constantly on him trying to make sure he was polite and not a little terror. Nobody likes a terror for a 2-year old! It would have been different if Joseph had been with me because we could have tag-teamed him, but J had to stay in Denton for school so I was on my own. Plus, we had zero structure. Jonathan is normally a very laid back kid and goes with the flow very easily, but for some reason, he wasn't sleeping well and became very defiant to anything I said. I honestly think he was having so much fun and I was the buzz kill.
Either way, I was glad to get back home but it was great seeing Corey Mac in his new Colorado environment. He's definitely thriving and the mountains suit him well. I can't wait to go back in February with the whole family and go skiing. It's been 10 years since I've been on skis...I'm thinking it will be like riding a bike. Here's hoping!

0 comments: