Tuesday, July 20, 2010

30 Weeks

Whew! This pregnancy is flying! Here I am at 30 weeks, just 10 away from having this little boy. It's amazing how different the second one is. By this time with Jonathan, it seemed as though I had most everything done. We haven't even begun to start the nursery, and Joseph still has to finish the playroom we converted half the garage into. On another note, I've started nesting. I clean everything in sight, which is REALLY odd for me. I'm so not the clean freak! It's kinda nice having a super clean house all the time but I know it won't last. :)

PS~ all you moms out there with two or more kiddos - did you feel like you had to cherish every little second with your first? That's the way I'm feeling and I'm starting to get sad it will no longer be just me and Jonathan. I can't wait for this little guy to make his appearance, but at the same time, it saddens me to think about it. Sometimes it's a bit overwhelming so I try to just take every day day by day, if that makes any sense. Did any of you have this feeling?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had that exact same feeling when I was pregnant with my second. It brought me to tears a few times just thinking about taking away from our special time. Now, we all do things together. Somehow the new baby fits in just fine. Christian, my oldest, has yet to ever feel left out. I think for the first month or so when a newborn is very demanding, I did miss spending more time with Christian. As a solution, my husband and I agreed that we would have date nights with the kids. He would stay home with Taylor and I would go somewhere with Christian. It never did work out because I got so I wanted us all to be together. I promise it will all be absolutely perfect!! You will feel that your second one was always part of the family.... just as right as rain.

Jeni said...

lol, I cried about this very thing on Saturday! I've been trying to do something fun with J everyday & in the process completely wearing myself out. I'm sure we will figure it all out but yes it makes me sad too! You look awesome by the way, love that baby bump! :)

me said...

You will completely forget what it was like when you only had one... and you will realize how easy it was and how exhausted you are now.