Saturday, June 28, 2008

Summertime and the livin's easy

I absolutely LOVE the summer and this is the first year I haven't worked all day, every day, so I actually have a tan! Being a stay-at-home mommy definitely has it's perks, and going to the pool at least once a week is one of them.
I found the cutest swim trunks for Jonathan at The Children's Place along with a hat and sunglasses. I have to say he's the pimpest baby on the block! :) And, he is such a calm little guy. Very rarely does he cry and he loves his swing, so it's very convenient to take it along and stick him in it so mommy can swim laps. He usually just plays by himself or falls asleep.

I love putting in the pool. He's so funny when his belly first touches the water. He does these little gasps until he gets used to it. Then he's a splashin' fool! And, he actually goes under water! I put him under for the first time on Memorial Day and he was a little champ! He doesn't even cry! So, I have a feeling he'll be swimming by himself before he even starts to walk! These pictures are kind of a hodge podge from the beginning of summer to this past Wednesday.

Me and Baby J chillaxin in our float

Nona & Jonathan on Memorial Day

Word to ya mutha!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the last picture of him in his hat, too funny.

And I really like Joseph's glasses, they look good on him.

Lindsey said...

Heeeeyyy! Sorry you had a dream/nightmare about those freaky shoes. haha that is REALLY funny though they are totally ugly & weird. I can't believe your baby is almost 5 months that is so much fun. You seem to be enjoying the mommy life && that's so great you get to stay home with your baby! He's such a cute boy you did good! :) I bet Texas is pretty warm right about now haha..it's pretty hot here but not humid at all mostly dry heat....we like that humid heat you guys get!
We might be headed back down to Texas towards the end of the Summer/Early Fall but we will have to play it by ear. If we do make it down there we should get together! Thanks for the comment & keep in touch mkay! Oh & if you get a chance tell the Gwilliams we say Hello!
-Lindsey Leishman