Saturday, May 30, 2009

Disc Golf and Rainy Days

Last Saturday, Joseph and I decided to go play disc golf at North Lakes. I had never played before and really liked it! The weather had said all week it was supposed to rain Saturday and Sunday, but the sun had shone all day so we thought, "What the heck? Let's go!" Of course as we were driving there, it starts to sprinkle. But that looked to be the worst of it. Next thing we know, we've loaded Jonathan into his stroller and we're on the third hole when the heavens open and it starts POURING! I'm not talking just rain, it is downright pouring! Like - you can't see 5 feet in front of your face pouring! We finish the hole and decide to turn around but by the time we make it halfway back to our car, we're drenched so why not finish the remaining 15 holes? Jonathan was fine - just splashing the water in the cupholders on his tray. We all had hats on and Jonathan had the awning covering his head so we went for it. I have to say it's been one of our funnest dates! I haven't played in the rain in years! Corey and I used to run out to the football field backed up to our house and play in the rain when we were young and I felt like a kid again!

Thankfully, the rain stopped by the time we were on the ninth hole and the sun came back out. Clothes are heavy when wet! We had a great time! After we finished, we went home and changed into dry clothes and went to eat at Pei Wei, then on to Coldstone for ice cream. YUM! By the time we got home for good, we were exhausted. Jonathan passed out in the car and went straight to bed. A great way to end - full bellies and sleeping baby!

Wet hair and squinty eyes - what could be more attractive?

Mr. Turtle made an appearance on the 15th hole.

Baby J seeing a turtle for the first time.


0 comments: