Monday, May 4, 2009

America's Next Top Baby Model

Ha! I know how ridiculous this post may seem to some of you. However, with all the money spent on diapers, clothes, food, etc. I feel Joanthan needs to learn how to earn his keep.
Soooo, here is the picture I entered into Parenting Magazine's photo contest.

I know, I know. It's not even close to any of the pictures I had you vote on - so rude of me! But I just couldn't get attached to any of those pictures.

My friend Kim gave me the great suggestion of putting Jonathan in something blue, taking him to the park and letting him go. The pictures we wound up getting were great but too staged. Blue sweater, hair gelled, big smile... I needed something more natural.

And this was as natural as I could get. Look at him! Sweet face, curly hair with no gel... I love right before bath time! Au natural baby!

So, there you have it. Wish us luck! Oh...I was just uhhh kidding about the whole "earning his keep" thing. I know about child labor laws... This is just for fun. Right Jonathan? Just for fun. See? We're having fun... I promise to never put makeup on you...

4 comments:

me said...

Oh stop worrying about child labor laws. We all agree these kids need to do something to pay us back for the diapers, and the sooner the better.

I love that picture of him.

Erin said...

Good. Thank you for your support. Now let's hope they make enough so we can sit on our keesters the rest of our lives. Wouldn't that be the greatest? Hey baby! Go make me some dinner!

Unknown said...

I LOVE that picture! GREAT choice. Thank you for FINALLY updating... I get VERY BORED.
LOVE!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful child. Gees.... I love that picture that is perfect to send in. I got your message by the way things got so crazy right at that time and then we ended up having him. Sorry I never got to call you back!