This is something I don't want to forget:
On Sunday, we're sitting in church waiting for the Sacrament to be passed. Jonathan is sitting on Joseph's lap and is getting really snuggly. After they say the Sacrament prayer and begin to pass the bread, Joseph is showing Jonathan the front of our church bulletin which has a beautiful picture of Jesus on it. We've been speaking a lot about Jesus at home and I even taught Jonathan the sign for Jesus so he knows who he is. As Joseph is talking to Jonathan, he's telling him that we think of Jesus as we take the Sacrament and Jonathan starts snuggling with the piece of paper, laying his head on it, softly touching His face and giving Him kisses. Seriously, one of the cutest and sweetest things I've ever seen! My heart is melting and right about then, Jonathan slaps Jesus in the face. Joseph, being the discreet parent he is, pulls Jonathan really close and fiercely whispers, "No son! We do NOT hit Jesus!". I about died! I'm laughing so hard and trying my best to be quiet, all the while trying to hide my reaction from my hilarious albeit inappropriate son. Joseph unknowingly fuels the hilarity fire by making Jonathan apologize to Jesus. I'm crying at this point, desperately trying to hold in any snorts threatening to erupt. And the next thing I know Jonathan, looking devious as ever, points at the paper with his chubby little hand and says, "POW!".
Yeah...we're definitely working on our church etiquette.
4 comments:
LOL OMG that is the funniest thing ever! note to self....next family homevening we tell him why we don't hit jesus at church! hahahaha sweet boy!
HA! Good story.
hahahaha this post made me die laughing!!!! that is freakin hilarious
This is SOOOOO funny!!!! What a hoot these little ones are.
Post a Comment