Monday, September 29, 2008

Visit to GG's!

This weekend we went to Hot Springs Village, Arkansas to visit my grandmama. It was her first time meeting Jonathan and we were all really excited! It was nice to have a weekend away. Hot Springs is so quaint and quiet. Plus, I haven't seen Grandmama since Joseph and I got married March 2007. She decided to be called GG and Jonathan adored her. He wouldn't stop staring and smiling at her every time they made eye contact. It's like he knew her. I just wish my grandpapa was around to see him but I know they met before Jonathan came to us. Jonathan had a big weekend in Arkansas because that was when he chose to say his first word! Saturday morning he woke up bright and early at 6:30 to be fed and changed. Afterward, I laid him in the bed between Joseph and I to try and fall back asleep. I was on my side facing him and Joseph was on his side facing away while Jonathan just talked and talked! Lots of sounds and noises were coming from his teeny mouth when all of a sudden he stopped talking and just sat there. Then, clear as day, he said, "Dada" and nothing else. Joseph flipped over so fast and we just looked at each other, mouths wide open! Joseph said, "What was that son?" and Jonathan looked at him and said it again. "Dada." It was INCREDIBLE! I cried, go figure! I was so excited for Joseph! You should have seen his face! So, below are numerous pictures from the weekend. I'll put as many captions as I can so y'all know what they are.
Hanging out in the hotel Laughing with Daddy Mac... as always :)
Stick em' up!
Joseph laughing at my picture obsession
I love his face in this picture. He looks so triumphant!
Driving to go eat
After my grandpapa died in March 2005, my grandmama had this bench installed to commemorate his hole-in-one on the 17th hole of the DeSoto Golf Course in Hot Springs Village. It was his first and only hole-in-one at age 70. Pretty cool!

This is the hole he made it on

Four generations

Jonathan and Vivi after church. He was a snuggler!
Our last day... :( We had so much fun!


2 comments:

knjfabela said...

First off I just have to say that I LOVE his hair! It makes we want to just take it easy! Congrats on his first word, The other day Kaiya woke up in the middle of the night and said," Dada Dady." Joey immediatly got up and got her out of her crib, his excuse....she was calling me.

Shannon Martino said...

I love these pictures. I particularly love how happy Joseph looks in all of them. It is so fun to see him (and of course you and Baby J) so happy.

I love you guys!