Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter Weekend

Easter was a mix of eggs, candy, new experiences in hunting and adorable Easter suits. The Friday before Easter Sunday, some friends of mine in our ward had a hunt out at Cross Oak Ranch. This was the first time Jonathan had ever hunted eggs so I was excited to see how well he picked it up. No pun intended! Hahahaha! I'll be here all week, folks!
Anyway...He did pretty well and I was thankful for this trial round because that next day we were doing an even bigger hunt.

Saturday we went to the annual Martino Easter Egg Hunt out on the ranch. Jonathan had such a blast finding the eggs. He kept saying, "Ball! Ball!" and got the whole throwing-the-egg-in-the-basket thing down! Little did he know the eggs were filled with candy, but as soon as he got his sticky little fingers on some M&Ms it was all downhill from there! Then we had a weenie roast around the fire and ate s'mores for dessert. Afterward, all the kids stayed and played on Jim & Jennie's waterfall which Jonathan loved. There's something about boys and throwing rocks into water - it's just ingrained in them!

While I was outside playing in the water with Jonathan, Joseph was workin' up a sweat on his dad's new ping pong table. We're talkin' crazy Chinese ping pong moves, people! It was hysterical! In an attempt to imitate my hilarious husband, I backed into the front of mom's Prius and severely bruised my calf. See below. By the way, the picture doesn't do it justice. It's much darker and more ominous looking in person. Plus, it has a HUGE knot underneath that I keep having to massage so a calcium deposit doesn't form. Take pity on me - that's all I want...
Easter Sunday was fun too. The Easter Bunny brought Jonathan candy and bubbles in his Easter basket. Whenever we blow bubbles, he just sits there pointing at them and saying... you guessed it! "Ball! Ball!" I think we might have an obsession on our hands!

We went to Arlington to see Vivi and Daddy Mac who gave Jonathan another Easter basket. Let's just say the candy is gone and my efforts at losing any weight this past couple of weeks have been in vain. I'm weak when it comes to candy. It's a problem I'm working through - keep me in your thoughts...
Enjoy the pics below:

Check out my professional walker! Jonathan, not Joseph...
The beginnings of the word "ball" - I think his face is so cute!
Thata girl McKenna! Way to help a cousin out!

Candy breakdown - Lawsie mercy look at that face!

0 comments: