Monday, August 17, 2009

Six Flags at the last minute

Last Saturday, I got a call from Kristie saying she had free tickets to Six Flags and did I want to go? It was way last minute, like we were leaving in 20 minutes, so I had to scramble to find a babysitter! Thankfully, I got one and we were on our way. A family friend had season passes and got 30 free tickets that he never used and gave them to us. Unfortunately, they expired the next day so we had to use them right then! The cool thing was we were able to give away the ones we weren't going to use, so about 3 big families were blessed with free admission!
I hadn't been to Six Flags in YEARS! My favorite was the Superman ride. The last time I was there, it was brand new but I couldn't get near it the line was so long. So this time, I made sure to ride it. That's where we took the most pictures. Also, my parents came at the last minute. That was the best part! I called them on the way and invited them but my mom said they probably wouldn't make it She said this without speaking to my dad. She was bummed because one of her new puppies died and she wanted to sulk. Understandably so, but next thing I know, my dad calls me and says they'll meet us there. My dad is a total kid at heart, so I knew he'd wanna go! And he thought it would be good for my mommy to get out of the house. I love living so close to my parents. And I love that they're so easygoing. Needless to say, we had a blast and when I got home, Joseph and his two old roomies were still hanging out at our house. We all stayed up till almost 3 in the morning talking. It's what we do best.

This was AquaMan (formerly known as Splash Water Downs) I met my parents at the front gate while everyone else rode this so they were soaked and we were dry. This is after the ride when you get to go on the bridge over the water and the boat splashes a wall of water over you!

After the wall of water

Me and the parentals waiting in line for Superman

Me & Kristie

The girls

Superheroes

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Vivi & Erin!

Small, medium and large in reverse order

0 comments: