...when she sits on a rainbow, Skittles pop out!
Mmmm...Skittles...
Ok, so I've been busting my tail trying to get the rest of my baby weight off. Between my 10-year high school reunion on the 29th of this month and a cruise in November, I have plenty of motivation. It's been 18 months (tomorrow) since I had Jonathan and I'm down to the weight I was when I found out I was pregnant. This is wonderful, however I was 6-7 weeks along when I found out. I remember calling my mom crying, wondering "why was I gaining so much weight?". Her response - "Honey, sometimes people gain weight once they get married. It's completely natural." I refused to believe I was one of those people who got complacent with themselves just because I'd found my soulmate, but she had a point. My mom's good like that.
That's the beauty of getting pregnant on birth control, 30 days after you get married. We had no idea until I was further along and my friends had me take a pee test on a hunch. The smell of coffee made me want to yak which is weird because I've always loved the smell of coffee. I swore to them up and down I wasn't pregnant because "Joseph and I had a 5-year plan." I was at work and it was my turn to go pick up lunch. As I was collecting everyone's money, my wonderful friend Naomi included a pregnancy test coupon along with her cash. Very subtle... I went to Target to grab the preggo test because it was closest to the deli we ordered lunch at and wouldn't you know that the coupon I had was the same brand that was giving two tests for the price of one! I hurried back and wasn't allowed to eat until I took the test. Sure enough, the pink line revealed itself. That was a Friday afternoon, so just to be safe I took it again Saturday morning, first thing. They say the first pee of the morning has the greatest amount of protein in it, or whatever it is that pregnancy tests pick up, and I'll be danged if that pink line wasn't HOT PINK!
This brings me back to the present. I'm going to be brave and take a page from my friend, Paige's book (no pun intended) and post my weight. Are you ready? Drumroll, please..............
132.
This is first-thing-in-the-morning, naked-as-a-jaybird, before-I've-brushed-my-teeth weight. I'm not responsible for what it is once clothes have been put on. In a perfect world I have about 10 more pounds I'd like to lose. We'll see how it goes. The kicker is, as soon as November rolls around, we're going to start trying again. I'm getting skinny just to get fat again! But I'll do this next pregnancy so much different. I'll actually exercise!
Mmmm...Skittles...
Ok, so I've been busting my tail trying to get the rest of my baby weight off. Between my 10-year high school reunion on the 29th of this month and a cruise in November, I have plenty of motivation. It's been 18 months (tomorrow) since I had Jonathan and I'm down to the weight I was when I found out I was pregnant. This is wonderful, however I was 6-7 weeks along when I found out. I remember calling my mom crying, wondering "why was I gaining so much weight?". Her response - "Honey, sometimes people gain weight once they get married. It's completely natural." I refused to believe I was one of those people who got complacent with themselves just because I'd found my soulmate, but she had a point. My mom's good like that.
That's the beauty of getting pregnant on birth control, 30 days after you get married. We had no idea until I was further along and my friends had me take a pee test on a hunch. The smell of coffee made me want to yak which is weird because I've always loved the smell of coffee. I swore to them up and down I wasn't pregnant because "Joseph and I had a 5-year plan." I was at work and it was my turn to go pick up lunch. As I was collecting everyone's money, my wonderful friend Naomi included a pregnancy test coupon along with her cash. Very subtle... I went to Target to grab the preggo test because it was closest to the deli we ordered lunch at and wouldn't you know that the coupon I had was the same brand that was giving two tests for the price of one! I hurried back and wasn't allowed to eat until I took the test. Sure enough, the pink line revealed itself. That was a Friday afternoon, so just to be safe I took it again Saturday morning, first thing. They say the first pee of the morning has the greatest amount of protein in it, or whatever it is that pregnancy tests pick up, and I'll be danged if that pink line wasn't HOT PINK!
This brings me back to the present. I'm going to be brave and take a page from my friend, Paige's book (no pun intended) and post my weight. Are you ready? Drumroll, please..............
132.
This is first-thing-in-the-morning, naked-as-a-jaybird, before-I've-brushed-my-teeth weight. I'm not responsible for what it is once clothes have been put on. In a perfect world I have about 10 more pounds I'd like to lose. We'll see how it goes. The kicker is, as soon as November rolls around, we're going to start trying again. I'm getting skinny just to get fat again! But I'll do this next pregnancy so much different. I'll actually exercise!
5 comments:
You are brave. And you don't even weigh a lot at all you are tall aren't you? If you lose anymore weight you're going to be like FREAKISHLY skinny. You look great. plus that was the best post ever. I sat and giggled. 30 days after you guys were married?! ahhhh that is nuts. :) :) I guess somethings need to come when they NEED to come! ha ha. That has got to feel good being at the weight you were before you had him. That day needs to come sooner....
Great post I liked it.. very motivating.
I hate it! As soon as you get down to the weight you want to be at-you get pregnant again. (that is what happens to me!) I feel your pain...working your but off to only gain all the weight all over again. I am at the point of -i no longer want to weigh myself because it is just depressing...really depressing.
Good for you! That is not even a big number, but I Feel you on wanting to be in the low 120s I've got about five more to go to be 122. I was so much more cautious with the second pregnancy and the weight has come off much quicker as a result. Good luck! OH and I think you asked me about my desk, we got it at ashley furniture, if that wasn't you that asked me then please disregard :)
Erin- who cares how much you weigh! You are awesome. You are willing to post your weight on a blog. You are now the coolest person I know. By the way you really do look awesome.
P.S. You can use the "I just had a baby excuse" until he is 3.
Also, I have also started to journey to pre-pregnancy body, just this week and my salvation has been Skinny Cows. Do you have any? They make most days better.
Erin, you are BEAUTIFUL!!!! I wish I had your motivation and will-power. By the way, I thought you were adorable in the roadshows. I think you should wear those eyelashes all the time.;)
Post a Comment