Monday, August 31, 2009

Ten Year HS Reunion

Wow! Ten years! Time has flown...

I had such a blast this weekend. We started off going to Arlington Friday afternoon and ate dinner with my parents at Genghis Grill. That night was an impromptu reunion get together at Black Finn's in the Highlands so we went home and I got ready to go out there. That was a lot of fun. It was great seeing everyone in a relaxed atmosphere, having some drinks, listening to past stories and future plans. The funny thing was, I wasn't planning on attending this but decided to at the very last minute and I'm so glad I did.

The next morning, we woke up and got ready for the Alumni Picnic at Veteran's Park. The weather was beautiful - not too hot with a nice breeze. We stopped at Subway on our way and got some yummy sandwiches to eat at the park. This was a more intimate get together since not a ton of people showed, but it was cool to see everyone's kids. There were some cuties! Our class made some pretty babies! :) After the picnic, we drove back to my parent's house and packed our stuff up. I surprised Joseph with a room at the downtown Fort Worth Marriott and my parents were watching Jonathan, so we were pumped to be on our way. Once we checked in, we changed and made our way to the Flying Saucer a block away to meet up with friends. I've stayed really close to a great group of girls and we've all been friends since high school, junior high and a couple from elementary. We always have a blast when we get together and this was not exception! After we left the Flying Saucer, we were on our way to the reunion. I had the GRAND idea that we should ride the trolley over to the Ft. Worth Stockyards where our reunion was being held, so we walked over to the trolley stop and waited. A trolley finally showed up but it was the wrong one, however the driver was awesome and said he would drive over to the trolley stop we needed to be at. So we're on our way! We get to the next trolley stop and pile onto the bus, just to be met with the driver who wouldn't stop talking! It was hilarious! We asked him how long it would take to get to our destination and he gave us the looooooong answer, telling us how many minutes we had to wait where we were and how he was on a time clock that forced him to stay at certain stops for a certain amount of time and if there weren't any people waiting he could just drive on through, and what he had for lunch that day, and where his stitches were from a skiing accident, and how he can't ever work cameras properly, and on and on and on!

Needless to say, Cole, one of my good friends' husband asked the dreaded question, "How long will it take?" and the driver says we'll be there by 7:55. Cole cracked me up because he immediately lifted his left arm from his lap to look at his watch. Our reunion dinner was to start at 7 pm and by that time it was already 7:30. I think the same thought crossed all our minds - we have 25 more minutes of this?! I began to think the trolley was a bad idea at this point. Sorry friends! :(

We FINALLY made it and were greeted by Staci, who was like, "Where the heck have y'all been?!" After that, the night flew by! I took lots of fun pictures and took lots of great memories away. I have to say, I was thoroughly impressed by how well everyone looked. No one had lost their hair, no one really "let themselves go"... :) Everybody looked great - the exact same but married or with kids for the most part. Crazy!

I also have a really cool story that I'll tell in the next post about a couple of guys who I've known for a long time but didn't really KNOW them until last night. Get ready...it's totally awesome.
The next morning, Joseph and I woke up late. Hallelujah! I had no voice and a pounding headache so you know it was a good night! I can't imagine how I would have felt had I drank any alcohol. That's what's so great about not drinking - you never have a hangover! :) We ordered room service and it was delish and then we packed up to go back to Arlington. Now, I'm still exhausted and it's Monday! But my exhaustion is totally worth it. Go Warriors!
Be prepared for millions of pics. And when I say millions, I mean 14.

Jonathan eating chips at the alumni picnic

Family picnic at Veteran's Park

Waiting on the trolley

~Hey bebe~

Me and Jeni - you've seen her before from a previous post

Staci, me and Jeni - we were cheerleaders together at Miller Elementary

My high school girlies waiting for the men in our lives to take our group picture

Old friends

McConnells always have their mouths open in pictures - it's a medical condition

Go Warriors! Don't ask me about my face. I think I was ready to be done with pictures

Me, Amanda & Nicole - these ladies have fabulous jobs in New York. The one in the middle is a buyer for Ross and one of Joseph's biggest accounts at work is Ross. They've never met before but they know the same people. It's a small world.

Cute hubby pic

See? It's a medical condition

Me & Robyn Egg - I love this gal

2 comments:

Paige said...

Everybody looks so beautiful! You are right, no one let themselves go. How fun!

Jeni said...

Ok...I'm super intrigued about the "guys you've known but didn't really KNOW post" You know how nosey I am!! :)