Friday, September 4, 2009

More vocab

It seems as though Jonathan is learning a new word or words everyday. It astounds me how much he picks up just by listening and repeating. Today, Jonathan said "this", "juice" and "shoe". "This" sounds like dis, and "juice" sounds like duece. "Shoe" sounded like sue but was pretty spot on for the most part. Once he learned to say "ice", it seemed like all these other "s" words started emerging from his tongue. Pretty cool! I was impressed.
I can't wait until he starts stringing actual words together. Right now, it's mostly gibberish, but he'll come to me and point at something saying a whole long sentence of nothing. When I say "What?", he repeats the exact same gibberish so I know he's really trying to tell me something. I wish I could translate but I'm sure over time, I'll start to understand. It's really funny. I can't believe how quickly my little guy is growing up. It's sad to think he'll never be this age again. I have to enjoy every moment, and I repeat that to myself every day. Man, I love this kid!

0 comments: