So, the video below was removed from YouTube because the person who posted it didn't have the correct copyrights. Too bad, since it was awesome.
On another note, I have a tryout on Friday with LA Fitness to be one of their aerobic instructors. I'm totally nervous. I'm actually trying out to be a hip hop instructor. The gym already has one and the lady said she's not sure if there is any room for another class, unless I just WOW her supervisor. So let's see if I can WOW her.
The girl who teaches the class now is terrible with a capital T and I will be listing the reasons why I don't like the class. Unfortunately, it is the ONLY hip hop class offered at the gym so I keep going hoping it gets better. I guess beggars can't be choosers, but this is my blog and I have the right to gripe...
On another note, I have a tryout on Friday with LA Fitness to be one of their aerobic instructors. I'm totally nervous. I'm actually trying out to be a hip hop instructor. The gym already has one and the lady said she's not sure if there is any room for another class, unless I just WOW her supervisor. So let's see if I can WOW her.
The girl who teaches the class now is terrible with a capital T and I will be listing the reasons why I don't like the class. Unfortunately, it is the ONLY hip hop class offered at the gym so I keep going hoping it gets better. I guess beggars can't be choosers, but this is my blog and I have the right to gripe...
1. I completely understand how hard it is to teach dance, especially to middle and upper class white women with no booty shakin' rhythm, however I feel it extremely important that the instructor themselves should be able to keep an 8-count. This girl cannot! It is SO frustrating when she tries to get us started. Instead of saying 5-6-7-8 like you should, she says, "OK GO!" really fast and that's normally after we should have started a particular step in the first place!
2. Also, she'll repeat a step (which is good - repetition is key) but one time she'll do it for 8 counts, the next time she'll do it for 4 and then the next she'll do it for 12. How in the heck is someone supposed to follow that?!
3. Another thing is her music has cussing in it. I know that may not be a big deal to some, but I feel like you should never use music with anything inappropriate while at a place of business. It's just common courtesy in my eyes.
4. Also, nobody wants to do pelvic thrusts for an entire song! Mix it up a little!
5. One of the most annoying things she does is she gives too many water breaks. I'm there for an hour cardio workout. Don't stop the music and say "Water break" right when my heart starts pumping. Not only is it ridiculous but it's bad for you. Keeping your heartrate up is the only way to burn calories! So while everyone else gets water, I run in place. You'd think she'd notice.
6. And lastly, don't show up at 5:44 when the class starts at 5:45 and then have trouble hooking up your miked headset...EVERYTIME! I understand if it happens once, but when it starts being a consistent problem, something needs to change. The last time I was there, she spent 15 minutes of class time trying to figure the stupid thing out instead of just starting class and talking loudly. Really lady?!
OK, this has turned into an unanticipated vent session. So wish me luck with my tryout. It's on Friday at 11:30 a.m. and I'm freaking out! I haven't tried out for anything since UNT Cheer tryouts in 2002! Ahhh!
On another note, is anyone watching The Biggest Loser? Oh my these people are bigger than ever! I'm totally excited for this season. I just watched the first episode and already bawled my eyes out. That Abby is one strong cookie! I cried everytime she started talking about her personal tragedy and then she would say the most inspiring things afterward. I don't know how I would deal with the death of my entire family in one fell swoop, but I can pretty much guarantee I wouldn't be half as capable as Abby has been. She's a real trooper. Since we don't have cable, I have to watch it online which is normally no big deal since most episodes are online the day after they air. However, The Biggest Loser likes to be different and they don't air the episode until a week later. I thought it was NBC doing that, not The Biggest Loser, but I was wrong because we're able to watch The Office the very next day. I have no idea why it's different with The Biggest Loser. So, if you're watching, don't spoil it for me and say, "Ooh! Can you believe so-and-so was voted off?!" because I'll have no idea and then I'll be forced to slap you. You've been warned...
OK, this has turned into an unanticipated vent session. So wish me luck with my tryout. It's on Friday at 11:30 a.m. and I'm freaking out! I haven't tried out for anything since UNT Cheer tryouts in 2002! Ahhh!
On another note, is anyone watching The Biggest Loser? Oh my these people are bigger than ever! I'm totally excited for this season. I just watched the first episode and already bawled my eyes out. That Abby is one strong cookie! I cried everytime she started talking about her personal tragedy and then she would say the most inspiring things afterward. I don't know how I would deal with the death of my entire family in one fell swoop, but I can pretty much guarantee I wouldn't be half as capable as Abby has been. She's a real trooper. Since we don't have cable, I have to watch it online which is normally no big deal since most episodes are online the day after they air. However, The Biggest Loser likes to be different and they don't air the episode until a week later. I thought it was NBC doing that, not The Biggest Loser, but I was wrong because we're able to watch The Office the very next day. I have no idea why it's different with The Biggest Loser. So, if you're watching, don't spoil it for me and say, "Ooh! Can you believe so-and-so was voted off?!" because I'll have no idea and then I'll be forced to slap you. You've been warned...
9 comments:
I hope you do great in your hip hop tryout. If I lived anywhere near you I would so come to your class. I can't wait to hear about it!
Good luck with the dance instructor!! I bet you would make an awsome teacher!
And Biggest Loser...so good!! They are really big this year, but also inspirational right?
Don't be so sure about #4.... you never really know.
hey I'm impressed...good luck! I personally don't have a lot of rhythm, but have taken a number of aerobic classes over the years and i agree that when the instructor is "good at instructing" i get it! when the instructor "stinks" it's a waste of my money!
Ok Carrie...YOU might want to do pelvic thrusts for an entire song, but that's cuz you're crazy like that. You're such a hoodrat and I mean that in the nicest way possible. ;)
I've always wanted to find a good hip hop class! I would totally come to yours! You're gonna be in fightin' shape!
....You're always going to be smaller than me huh?? (That sucks...)
LOL.
Terell - ahh! I wish you DID live closer. I need all the support I can get. And yes...if I have anything to do with it, you bet your tight little booty I'll always be smaller than you. It's my right as the older sister. I love your guts!
Hey, let me know how the tryout goes! I have membership there......I do have one problem though....a 2 year old daughter that won't stay in the kids klub! I think I might kill her one day if she never grows out of this! Love the biggest loser, I record mine on the DVR so if you want to hang out.....just head on over to my parent house.
haha erin! i totally love you and your honesty. you're incredibly refreshing to read!
Post a Comment