Wednesday, April 15, 2009

New city, new job, new life!

My brother moved to Golden, CO at the beginning of March with his girlfriend, Terell and a couple friend of theirs. He's always lived in Texas and loves it but eventually wanted to move there just because... Because he could, because he had saved enough money, because he loves the mountains, snow and snowboarding and everything that has to do with mountains, snow and snowboarding, because he wasn't tied down to anybody but himself and Terell who saved enough money to move with him... Just because...
I have to say I'm a bit jealous he was able to do such a thing. I always thought once I graduated, I would move somewhere else and begin a career in the hospitality field. Never in my wildest dreams did I plan on moving an hour from my hometown to go to school and meet the love of my life who was born and raised here. He had no plans of leaving and so my plans changed. Don't get me wrong - now I wouldn't have it any other way, but I'm proud of my brother and the gumption he had to "get it done."
Corey's been looking for a job over the past couple of weeks and called yesterday with good news. He got a great job with good pay and starts in two weeks! Congratulations Corey Mac! We're so proud of you here in good ol' Texas and can't wait to come visit you in the summer!
Hey Corey? Are you there? Don't forget us little people back here. Because we haven't forgotten you...
And Corey? I was always your favorite sister, right? Ok, just checking... Call me!

0 comments: