Last week I had the privilege of accompanying our girls youth to camp out in Wharburton, OK. We had such a great time! The cabins were disgusting, the beds were terribly uncomfortable and it poured cats and dogs the one night we cooked over a campfire. Yet, we had a blast! There's something about being around a bunch of girls age 12-17 that really builds your testimony of Christ. Our ward was fantastic! There was not one ill word said between them and if anyone was rude from other wards, the girls brushed it off. We had an amazing devotional each night and a Spirit filled testimony meeting our last night. I came back home renewed and refreshed! I took 200 pictures over the course of 3 1/2 days, but I won't load you down with all of them. Here are a few I felt encompassed the experience perfectly --
REMIX! This was the beginning of our ward chant - our ward won BEST CHANT! Yeah baby!
Here the girls are explaining our ward flag - we were the Diamond Divas and there was glitter everywhere!
Kim saved a campers life by killing this vicious wasp. So brave...
My hair is braided in the shape of a P for Princess - you can't see it but my shirt says Camp Princess on the front. Kim was the Camp Queen. Two of our girls made them for us.
Scenic shot - After one of our 6 mile hikes
As we were hiking up a road to get to the trail, one of our girls said, "Cool! A millipede!" My first thought was, "Sweet! I've never seen a millipede. Let me get a picture of it." After taking said picture, I realized it was not a milliped but a snake skeleton. Still cool though... :)
Certified D4 Diva
Photo op with one of my girls
Kim, me and Maribel (all leaders) on our last night. I pretty much got mistaken for a camper all week!
0 comments:
Post a Comment