I was blog stalking one day (you all know you do it!) and came across a blog owned by a girl I once knew a long long time ago. So long ago in fact, she was my very best friend at Miller Elementary. We cheered together, spent the night at each others houses almost every weekend and were inseparable. Her mom was also my mom's best friend so we did everything together. We kinda went our separate ways in junior high and high school. No hard feelings although I do wish we had stayed friends throughout our school years. However, life takes you where life takes you, right?. Anyways, I commented on one of her posts and gave her my email address, thinking I would hear from her in a week or two. Lo and behold, she emailed me the next day and we made a playdate for the following week. Jeni has a son just a few months younger than Jonathan! I was so excited to see her. It had been over 10 years since we'd seen each others faces but longer since we'd actually had a conversation! And as soon as I walked in the door, it was like we were 10 years old again! We had so much to catch up on and never once stopped talking.

Jeni's 5th grade birthday pool party. That's me on the left sitting down and Jeni is the blonde in the middle, sitting down.

Circa 1991 - One of many sleepovers - we just put Noxzema on our faces. Don't ask why we made those faces, but check out our bangs! We were hot!
Circa 2009 - Me and Jeni with our two J's
Four hours later Jonathan and I left, but I swear it was like time flew by. We had so much fun and it seemed as though the boys did too. They actually played with each other instead of just next to each other. We are looking forward to many more fun playdates with Jeni and Jackson! Jeni, thanks for an awesome time!
2 comments:
I am so glad you have a blog! I would like to get together with you and Jeni at one of your next playdates. Very cute family you have! The moby wrap is cool, I got it online at ebaby carriers. I will be keeping up with your blog now! Yay!
Hey Erin,
I found your blog from a comment you left on Erin Kirkland's blog... I'm adding you to my friends:) Your little boy is adorable!! I love his curly hair!!!
Jessica (Vick) Lewis
Post a Comment