
Jonathan and I got invited to a group playdate at the Frisco splash park. This place is so cool! It's free (Cool Point #1) and is an extension to a playground so there's lots of fun stuff to play on (Cool Point #2). It also has a nice little pavillion with lots of shade and a small shaded spot right next to the splash park (Cool Points #3 & #4). There were a TON of kids there and Jonathan has become really sensitive when other kids play around him. He gets scared easily and I really feel like it all stemmed from his bully at church. Ever since that kid kept stealing his binky and hitting him in the face (and the mom did nothing about it!), he's cries really easily if another baby so much as even touches his arm. He's fine with bigger kids, probably because of his cousins, but a little girl his age was standing next to him and lightly touched his back and he 'bout lost it! Also, he didn't seem to like the water which was weird. He got in the splash area a little, but I had to hold him. And as soon as I put him down, he'd come running back to me with his arms up. So needless to say, we sat under the awning and he ate his weight in grapes and cherries. After the fruit was gone, I started gathering up our stuff. Everyone else had pretty much left and the park was not nearly as crowded. Keep in mind, we've been there almost 2 1/2 hours. Just as I'm trying to get Jonathan to follow me to the car, he runs back to the water and starts laughing at the water shooting up from the ground. NOW he wants to play! I was happy since I'd previously felt like we drove all the way to Frisco to eat grapes and cherries! So these pics are from the last 20 minutes of the playdate with none of the playdate kids around!




He got really upset when the water stopped shooting up from the ground. As soon as it came back on, the tears stopped and he got back up to fill his bucket! So dramatic! Filling up this bucket was the highlight of his day. He'd fill it up and dump it out...fill it up...dump it out...The focus of a 16 month old will amaze you!

We hadn't even left the parking lot before he was out like a light! I love this part!
2 comments:
Looks like fun! We need to meet at this place soon.
I sure hope it wasn't Kaiya that was messing with that cute lil' boy at church! I love water parks......and the free ones are the BEST!
Post a Comment