Sunday, March 22, 2009

I've changed my mind...

What I thought was absolutely adorable the other day when Jonathan took off his diaper, is not quite the funny situation when there's excrement involved. Shannon, you totally called it! I put Jonathan down for his afternoon nap and started working on some burp cloths for a friend. Time flew by and before I knew it, he was awake. He was just talking away in his room and I needed to get these burp rags finished so I just left him in there. He's in his crib, nothing dangerous is around him, what's the worst that can happen??? Once Joseph got home a few minutes later he went in to get him and was almost knocked down by the stench! He said, "Jonathan's flung poop from his diaper like a monkey!" Sure enough, there was poop in his hair, on his hands and feet (who knows if he sucked on his hands at any moment during this escapade!), smeared on the wall, all over his bed, on the crib rails and little rabbit pellets flung onto the carpet! Grossest thing of my life! And I was just about to leave to get my nails done for the first time in months! Needless to say, baby and bedroom got a full on cleaning with bubbles, disinfectant (for the room, not the baby!)... THE WORKS... Any other fun little habits ya'll can prepare me for???

4 comments:

knjfabela said...

Oh, I had to read this out loud to my mom becuase I could totally see it! We had a good laugh at yours and Joseph's expense. So thanks for the chuckle. I am so glad Kaiya hasn't done this.......yet!

Unknown said...

k - so I have to be honest....I TOTTALLY laughed at this post. Mostly because he is my nephew so I can think it is funny. definitely wouldn't laugh if it was my son :)

Darin & Misty Ralphs said...

This same thing happened to one of my other friends. She solved the problem by putting her baby's diapers on backwards so he couldn't undo the tabs. You might want to try it. Funny story though!

me said...

I think I would have disinfected the baby as well. What to say... I am speechless... mainly because I am laughing so hard. That is so gross. I mean, your son was flinging poo. You may have to duct tape his diaper on ~(If you need anymore fabulous parenting advice like duct taping a diaper on... let me know)