I have the most impatient child! Has anyone else experienced this? I need help! It's especially bad when I'm feeding him. If I run out of food and have to go to the pantry to get more, he freaks! It's immediate meltdown time and I'm at my wits end!!! I try to calm him down and speak in soothing tones. I ask him to use his words and he signs "more" but it's a recurring cycle. First he yells and cries. Then he smacks his tray. Then he looks at me with his big blue eyes and signs "more." Can we just skip the first two steps and quietly ask for more?! How hard is that? I'm trying to get him to understand the concept of "inside voice." Ask me how that's working out! When he gets like this, his voice goes into hyper annoyance mode - it's nasaly (trust me, it's a word!) and piercing and downright annoying!
You're probably thinking, "Erin, why not grab a lot of food and take it to the table? That way you won't have to get up in the middle of feeding him." Well, smarty pants - let me just say this. My son is a beast and I can't keep him satisfied! A normal meal for him is 4 containers of pureed baby food (i.e. green beans, mixed veggies, apples & chicken, and some kind of fruit), a piece of wheat bread, cooked macaroni noodles, green beans and 2 clementine oranges. That's more than I can eat! And he's still hungry! So even when I think I bring enough to the table, he still signs for "more"! I finally have to cut him off! It's last call at the Martino Kitchen! I feel like a bartender!
I'm open to suggestions...
4 comments:
hahaha! Oh erin, I just love you guys. I can't really give you advise b/c I'm not a mom yet... but I WILL be asking you for advise. Good for YOU for telling him to use his words. I think that's so smart as a parent. Thats SOO funny that he eats SO MUCH!!! Holy cow.
Wow, you're little guys is an EATER! I love to hear about his antics. It's more than I could eat too. I have no helpful advice, just sympathetic and giggly smiles. :)
I love how the only two people who commented are people without babies! :) What's a girl gotta do to get some advice around here?!
Okay Erin! I have kids, and I don't have any advice for you. My kids would only eat that much when they went through a growth spirt and that only lasted about 1 week. Ask Carrie, her son sounds like he could have an eating match with Jonathan! If they do, invite me I want to see that.
Post a Comment