Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Things I like about you...

Jonathan is now 13 months old and I'm loving every minute of him. Other than the post I wrote just a few days ago! Here are some things we love about Baby J~
--He points at EVERYTHING! First thing he does when I go into his room in the morning is point. He's not pointing at anything, but he's pointing at everything. Sometimes he doesn't even look at what he's pointing at - his finger is one way and his eyes are another! I joke with my dad that it's all because of him. My dad likes to take Jonathan around the house or anywhere we are and point while "stating the obvious." Tree, ball, dog, car, mirror, plant, wall, light, coffee table, airplane, picture, squirrel... you get the idea... Jonathan has totally picked up on it.
--He says "ba" to anything that is round. (That's "ball" to you baby talk novices)
--He gives sloppy kisses! Shannon was an eye witness to this. Today I was holding him and asked for a kiss. He opened his mouth wide and I kissed, like normal. Then he proceeded to open his mouth and push his tongue in and out all over my mouth! It's seriously one of the funniest things to see because he's truly giving me what he thinks is a loving kiss!
--He's learned sign language for "more", "milk" and we're working on "mommy", "daddy", "please" and "thank you". SMARTEST BABY EVER! Don't hate!
--He takes tremendous naps! 2 1/2 hours a day, twice a day! Again, don't hate!
--He sleeps till 8 or 9 am, almost every day and goes to bed between 7 and 8 pm.
I just know I'm gonna get beat up the next time I see some of y'all! :)

2 comments:

Kristie said...

I'm definitely a bit jealous right now. I'll be thinking of Jonathan the next time I'm up at 5:30 am- oh wait, that happens everyday!!! You suck! But I still love you.

Shannon Martino said...

yeah - I hate you :)

and that kiss was hilarious!