A quick post...
This week has been really hectic and Joseph and I have been stretched thin going to school, having a playtime video scheduled for Jonathan (it's for my friend's thesis - she videotapes me playing with Jonathan to see the differences between autistic kids & neurologically developed children), having friends over from out of town, etc... but mostly because Joseph has been out at his brother's and parent's houses helping them get things set up since they both just moved. It's been hard being away from him so much this week and I've felt kind of selfish. But tonight as we were driving home with the windows down, a beautiful Texas summer night on the ranch after being at Ethan's birthday party and hanging out with Joseph's brothers and their wives, I started crying. Not because I was sad, but because I realized that there is no other place I would rather be in this world. I made a life changing decision when I joined the church, and it is scary to think what my life would be like if I hadn't. I never would have met my husband. I never would have known the love two people sealed together could share. I never would have had Jonathan, the light of my life. I could have gone in so many different directions in my life, whether it was a modeling career, Olympic gymnast, cheerleading gym owner, teacher, etc. I wouldn't change my life for any of that. I NEVER thought I would stay in Denton after moving here in 2000. I was here for school and as soon as I graduated, I was peacin' out! And then I met the missionaries... And then I met Joseph... I am perfectly content with where I am and I want for nothing. Not a lot of people can say that, and I know I am blessed. What an amazing feeling I had tonight. Just thought I'd share...
This week has been really hectic and Joseph and I have been stretched thin going to school, having a playtime video scheduled for Jonathan (it's for my friend's thesis - she videotapes me playing with Jonathan to see the differences between autistic kids & neurologically developed children), having friends over from out of town, etc... but mostly because Joseph has been out at his brother's and parent's houses helping them get things set up since they both just moved. It's been hard being away from him so much this week and I've felt kind of selfish. But tonight as we were driving home with the windows down, a beautiful Texas summer night on the ranch after being at Ethan's birthday party and hanging out with Joseph's brothers and their wives, I started crying. Not because I was sad, but because I realized that there is no other place I would rather be in this world. I made a life changing decision when I joined the church, and it is scary to think what my life would be like if I hadn't. I never would have met my husband. I never would have known the love two people sealed together could share. I never would have had Jonathan, the light of my life. I could have gone in so many different directions in my life, whether it was a modeling career, Olympic gymnast, cheerleading gym owner, teacher, etc. I wouldn't change my life for any of that. I NEVER thought I would stay in Denton after moving here in 2000. I was here for school and as soon as I graduated, I was peacin' out! And then I met the missionaries... And then I met Joseph... I am perfectly content with where I am and I want for nothing. Not a lot of people can say that, and I know I am blessed. What an amazing feeling I had tonight. Just thought I'd share...
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing that insight! I am so glad that you made the decisions that you made also because we never would have met!!
Beautiful. That has such a good feeling about it. I am glad you are in a good place!
I haven't read that book you mentioned & I'm going to look into it! I'm excited thank you for the share, I appreciate that. :)
you're so cute erin!! I'm so happy for you!!! Isn't it the best feeling knowing you have an eternal family!! I'm so glad I got to know you and we totally need to hang out! and not just on the couch at church when we both seem to arrive late!!
Post a Comment